Whether you're enjoying the last few warm summer days or preparing to head back to school, August is an exciting time of year. That means there's a lot to talk about. But with so many different things competing for the attention of your audience, it’s essential you hit people with smart, targeted messages. That starts with strategically-timed content marketing.
We’ve hand-picked five content marketing concepts that you can make your own to fit your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, emails and other marketing channels. We believe one of the best ways to build a connection with current and prospective customers is by posting content worth sharing. Use these ideas as a jumping off point to add a few new things to your content calendar this August.
- Family Fun Month (the month of August) #FamilyFunMonth
Let the fun begin!
- Share local events going on in the community that would be fun for families to participate in.
- Write a blog with an end-of-summer bucket list for families to do together.
- Share summer memories from your customers, with photos.
- Simplify Your Life Week (First Week of August) #SimplifyYourLifeWeek
Out with the old.
- Use this week as an opportunity to refocus and declutter.
- Share inspirational images, quotes or YouTube videos to make your audience at ease.
- Show how you satisfy your customers' needs, whether it’s through great service, an awesome product, or new features!
- Share what your employees do to simplify their lives, whether it’s by listening to music or donating items they don't use. This can be a great day to promote social responsibility.
- Book Lover's Day (August 9th) #BookLoversDay
Get your reading on.
- Share your office’s favorite books. Ask each employee to share their personal favorite or rank the office’s favorites as a group, or give out a bookworm award to someone in the office.
- Recommend your favorite book, whether it’s one from your childhood, a series, one you read for pleasure, or a favorite business or industry read.
- Ask a fun question like, “What would be the title of your biography be?” or “If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one book, what would it be?”
- Give a shout-out to your local bookstore or favorite author.
- Give away a free book or gift card to a bookstore in a contest giveaway.
- National Eat Outside Day (August 31st) #NationalEatOutsideDay
Summer's almost over, so get outside!
- Host a company appreciation BBQ and share a pic on social media
- Share your favorite places for summer picnics or BBQs, or ask your fans to share theirs
- Ask your office to share their favorite picnic or BBQ recipe and compile the recipes into a blog post
- Back to School Time (End of the month) #BackToSchool
Did someone say school?
- Share advice for students heading back to school, whether it’s funny advice, practical advice, or products and services that will make the transition back to school easier.
- Give a shout-out to local students starting their first day of classes.
- Ask a question like, “What are you looking forward to most this year?”
- Does your organization/company give back through education? Share your community service.
What other items are on your annual content calendar for the month of August? Let us know by tweeting at #TeamOnsharp! And don’t forget to check back next month for ideas for your September content calendar.