It’s almost February, which means it's time to plan your monthly content again. Whether it's excitedly planning Valentine’s Day, dreading it, or just looking forward to the hope spring weather brings, February offers a lot of possibilities. With so many different companies competing for the attention of your audience, it’s essential you hit people with smart, targeted messages. That starts with strategic content marketing.
We believe one of the best ways to build a connection with current and prospective customers is by posting content worth sharing. We’ve hand-picked five content concepts that you can make your own to fit your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, emails and other marketing channels. Use these ideas as a jumping off point to add a few new things to your content calendar this February.
1. National Wear Red Day (February 1st) #WearRedDay
On the first Friday of every February, which is designated as American Heart Month, the nation comes together, igniting a wave of red from coast to coast. From landmarks to news anchors and neighborhoods to online communities; this annual groundswell unites millions of people for a common goal: the eradication of heart disease and stroke.
Patriots vs Rams!
- Use the team colors of the two competitors to create an interesting graphic.
- Poll your audience on predictions for the game.
- Super Bowl commercials generate a lot of buzz. Share your favorite commercial from the game.
- A lot of people get together for a Super Bowl party to cheer on their favorite team. Suggest a recipe or game to enhance their party.
- Can’t afford the $5 million, 30 second Super Bowl spot? Share with your audience what you would have done if you had the budget.
The only way to have a friend is to be a friend.
- Create a contest to celebrate and thank your best “friends” on social media.
- Post an idea for an activity your audience can do with their friends, whether it involves your business, team, or something else fun in the community.
- Create a graphic that includes a quote about the importance of friendship.
- Ask your audience to refer friends to your business.
Love is in the air.
- Write a valentine-inspired post about something your product/service/business/organization loves. (Ex: ___ is the peanut butter to our jelly, the gravy to our mashed potatoes.)
- Offer a Valentine’s Day special, discount or deal.
- Share an alternative Valentine’s Day plan for the single men and women in your audience.
Time to spread the love.
- Think about a way you can contribute to your community for Random Acts of Kindness day, then do it on February 17th.
- Spread Random Acts of Kindness around the office by doing things for your coworkers.
- Share Random Acts of Kindness you’ve experienced throughout the year, whether it’s between employees, partners or customers.
- Surprise customers by doing a Random Act of Kindness for them, such as responding to a social media post with a gift card or a special giveaway.