Hello, New Year! It’s time to ring in the new year with style and content marketing epicness. At Onsharp, we’re dedicated to creating resources and designing services around helping you succeed at whatever stage you’re in, from Twitter newbies to social media masters.
Each month we give you ideas for events, traditions and timely themes to integrate into your content calendar. This month we’ve hand-picked five content concepts that you can make your own to fit your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, emails and other marketing channels. We believe one of the best ways to build a connection with current and prospective customers is by posting content worth sharing. Use these ideas as a jumping off point to add a few new things to your content calendar to kick off the year.
- New Year's Resolutions (all month)
How ambitious were you last month? Time to recap how those resolutions are coming along!
- Share how you’ve either kept or overstepped in your New Year's resolution predictions.
- Ask your audience how their resolutions are going.
- Offer help. Are you included in some way in your audience’s New Year's Resolutions? Give them a little assistance by offering a special.
- National Trivia Day (January 4)
A day made for knowledge.
- Share company milestones or industry facts with trivia.
- Challenge your audience with a puzzling riddle or trivia challenge.
- Reward your audience by answering questions and giving away a prize for correct answers or participation.
- National Dress Up Your Pet Day (January 14)
You can never go wrong with a cute puppy pic.
- Share fun pictures of your employee's dogs all dressed up for the day.
- Show your support of local animal shelters and all they do for our K-9 friends.
- Challenge your followers to a contest and have them submit pictures of their best-dressed pups.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (January 16)
Made to honor the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. and bring people together for community and service.
- Share your appreciation for MLK’s impact.
- Share how your company values diversity.
- Post a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. or about his life’s work.
- Talk about how you contribute to building a stronger overall community.
- Share details on local events or service projects happening in honor of the day.
- Belly Laugh Day (January 24)
Sometimes laughter just is the best medicine.
- Share a funny joke that will make your audience laugh.
- Repost a joke from a comedian or comedy account that made you laugh.
- Ask your audience for their favorite joke or funny YouTube video.