July is right around the corner, and it's a great month! We’ve got beautiful weather, the 4th of July, and quality time doing fun summer activities. What’s not to love? With so much going on, there's a lot you can talk about with your audience. But with so many different things brands and companies trying to get your audience's attention, you need to hit people with smart, targeted messages. That starts with strategically-timed content marketing.
We’ve hand-picked five content marketing topics that you can make your own to fit your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, emails and other marketing channels. We believe one of the best ways to build a connection with current and prospective customers is by posting content worth sharing. Use these ideas as a jumping off point to add a few new things to your content calendar this July.
- National Anti-Boredom Month (the month of July) #AntiBoredomMonth
- Make a list or collage of all the things you can do to avoid boredom this month.
- Ask your audience about their favorite things to do in the summer or how they beat boredom.
- Boredom can strike on a rainy day. On those days, share fun things to do inside.
- Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day (July 1st) #CreativeIceCreamFlavors
You know how much we like observances that celebrate food...
- The only way to support this beautiful holiday is to have some ice cream. Scoop yourself up a dish and share that magnificent photo with your audience.
- Challenge your audience to come up with wacky ice cream flavors. Give the winner a gift card to a local ice cream shop.
- Share a throwback post related to ice cream shops or dairy manufacturers in your area.
- Independence Day (July 4th) #4thOfJuly #IndependenceDay
Oh, say can you see?
- Share an image or quote that incorporates red, white and blue!
- Share local 4th of July events, like fireworks shows and parades that your community might want to participate in.
- Let your audience in on your favorite holiday treat or recipe.
- Give advice for people traveling during the holiday.
- Share a fun fact about American history or the 4th of July.
- Embrace Your Geekness (July 13th) #EmbraceYourGeekness
Don’t be shy; geek out!
- Share photos of what makes your organization unique by posting about employees' funny interests. For example, maybe someone has a super cool collection at their desk. Share the story behind it!
- Give out a biggest geek award. If you’re feeling real creative, have different categories for the award.
- Share an industry article or interesting video that makes you “geek out."
- Hammock Day (July 22nd) #NationalHammockDay #HammockDay
- The best way to celebrate it to get your sway on. Post a picture once you do.
- Share fun facts about hammocks. (Who knew Christopher Columbus introduced hammocks to Europe?)
- Share other ways your audience can relax on this chill day.
What other items will you pull from your annual content calendar for this month? Let us know by tweeting at #TeamOnsharp! And don’t forget to check back next month for ideas for your August content calendar.